sand men destruction with PFlow Box#2 and Krakatoa

Enter Sandman

Enter SandmanRnD for another CG studio. You are looking at nasty dirt/sand trouble makers in your household 🙂 Krakatoa PRT volumes cached as single frame with inherited sand shader from un-animated source meshes. Then KrakatoaSkinWrapped to the animated and fractured version of the same mesh. Animated noise map and 2 KCMs for the "acid burn/eating away" and another KCM for shader animation. Animations are from the BIPs that ship with Max. Cached with Supermesher, dublicated and time curve animated for variation. Pre-fracturing was done in Rayfire. Crumble animation triggered with PFlow Box#2. Un-animated Fragments were simply Lock/Bonded to the whole animated mesh and triggered over time and gray scale with Box#3 where and when i needed them. Set up and rendered on the side on my notebook (core2duo, 4GB). Setup is super fast.

Particle 8 Bit style simulation for Black Eyed Peas - Dirty Bit music video

Black Eyed Peas – The Time [Dirty Bit] MAKING OF (Music Video)

Black Eyed Peas – The Time [Dirty Bit] MAKING OF (Music Video) The new Black Eyed Peas music video takes a kind bow in the direction of the fabulous short film PIXELS vimeo.com/13362364 by Patrick Jean. We finished 17 shots for the new video in 3 weeks and took over and redid 1 shot from Asylum VFX that ironically dropped dead on deadline day 🙁 I did the initial R&D (you might have seen this: vimeo.com/14869572), the master particle setup and rendering setup as well as most of the rendering. Particle Flow Box#2's BirthGrid as well as a Particle Flow Box#3's abilities to read geometry parameters and shaders did speed up the workflow dramatically. Fergie's materialization was achieved by John Rand with Krakatoa PRT Volumes and KCMs as well as Krakatoa Particle Flow operators. Renderings done with VRay. Supervision, some 3D and Comp done by Rodrigo Washington/Animaholics. Full video can be watched on the BEP YouTube Channel: youtube.com/watch?v=JwQZQygg3Lk The Black Eyed Peas are going to perform the 2011 Superbowl halftime show.

Avatar Movie VFX Home tree holographic table

Incendii Film Reel 2011/1

Incendii Film Reel 2011/1This is my recent Film Reel 2011/1. As you might know i split up my reels into Film and TV/Commercial/RnD. The Commercial reel can be found here: vimeo.com/24622443 This is my Film work and some selected highlights. It features recent work from "Priest", "AVATAR", Priest, Ridley Scott's "Robin Hood", The A-Team, G.I. Joe-Rise of Cobra, Dragonball:Evolution, Niko & The Way to the Stars and Angel Camouflaged as well as Music video work for the Black Eyed Peas and Willow Smith and TV shows like "House MD". 720p for your viewing pleasure 🙂 All movie scenes are most likely a team effort. Shot breakdowns: incendii.com/gallery/Incendii_film_breakdown2011-1.jpg Thanks for watching and thanks to every artist who participated in making this possible!

Qualcomm CES Keynote MAKING OF

Qualcomm CES Keynote MAKING OF

Qualcomm CES Keynote MAKING OFAnother show reunited and wrapped with 1stAvenueMachine 🙂 This time a keynote's supporting animations and vfx for the CES trade show 2012, client was Qualcomm. Check the sidebar to see how it looked live! These are selected shots i worked on mostly during RnD and pre-production, figuring out stuff. The final shots were set up and rendered in their NY facility based on my setups. The final renderings are a mix of Krakatoa, VRay with in camera DOF and Trapcode Form (as well as Plexus for AfterEffetcs). I was not involved in the final renderings and setup so I don't claim any the fame.

21 Jump Street Movie VFX

21 Jump Street – Limo Flip MAKING OF

21 Jump Street – Limo Flip MAKING OF This is the making of from 2 of the shots i worked on with DuMonde VFX in New Orleans for 21 Jump Street, the movie remake of the 80s tv show 🙂 Initial RnD involved deforming of the car as well. For the actual shots II got animation delivered. FumeFX for various elements like the main explosion, dedicated window fire, secondary ground fire, etc. Procedural and hand painted burn maps and vanilla PFlow for window and secondary fire. Rendered in VRay. This was done in a month on and off, probably more around 2 weeks real work time.